Re: follower actions vs. multiple attackers

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:47:52 -0600

>From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>

>Why can't he add his AP? Is that forbidden by the rules? I personally
>authorise any AP adding (even from fellow PC) if someone join the fight.
>That's what Dan is doing there.

I don't think he said that he couldn't do that. He was wondering if a character could count for cancelling a multiple attacker bonus if he didn't decided to add AP. My personal ruling is that they have to be adding AP to really be "in the fight," and thus count for cancelling penalties.

>Btw, my current players tactics is to go for augments as far as they
>can. That is, even their followers are used for augments and not AP
>lending. They all saw that attacking someone stronger than you with many
>AP is only a quick way to give _him_ many AP in turn. They much prefer
>to be the strongest one and then begin to bash on the opponent's head.

Why not both? I'm not sure if it's banned in the rules, but I allow any augments from the followers automatically as the rules suggest. Then, if the character wants to get involved (player's choice for actual followers), he also adds AP. Or lends if he tries to enter in the middle of things. Per usual, some of this stuff may require "unrelated actions" depending on the nature.

Mike

Plan your next US getaway to one of the super destinations here. http://special.msn.com/local/hotdestinations.armx