Re: Playing Animists

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:30:55 -0000

Mike Holmes:
> I think that concentrating doesn't make any
> sense unless you're intending to play a
> practitioner.

You don't have to concentrate to play a practitioner. You only have to concentrate to get the practice secret (if any), get a spirit ally, or become shaman.

> There's also a question as to whether a
> Practitioner also gets the Spiritist Keyword
> (violatting the limit on one Specialized
> Keyword to start).

There's really no question on this in my mind. Within an animist cultural context, you have to be a Spiritist in most Traditions to have become a Practitioner. This is probably not true for players within a theistic culture, because they probably just join an independent practice.