Re: Playing Animists

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:46:51 -0800

Chris

>In Prax, if you concentrate, you lose the Survival Tricks and get
>nothing but the promise of future advancement.

The minimaxing approach seems to be to ignore your cultural list (which is after all only a guideline) and pick 5 common magic abilities that are charms, feats, or spells, depending on what you plan on concentrating in later.

In my game, I've said that one drawback of concentrating is that even if you keep your feats, you will never be able to learn more common magic. (So far I haven't put teeth into this threat by giving players an opportunity to gain new common magic, but I plan to.)

>- Can a non-participant in a contest augment with
>something (like, say, a charm) that is not an active
>ability but can only augment? See p. 80.

In general, I'd say yes. In general, people can augment other people. I think you can use a Bladesharp charm on someone else's blade.

--

David Dunham