Re: Balastor & the Trollkin

From: Stephen McGinness <stephenmcg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:52:56 -0000

"Tim Ellis" wrote:
> Let's see if I've got this straight...

Well - I suppose Mike is right - there were a few bigger trolls in the mix as well! :-) However in facing the trollkin horde it would be useful to mix in a few bigger opponents - with a subsequent reduction in opponents faced for that time - for the odd change of pace.

> Trollkin 1 - 5W vs 10w3
> Trollkin 2 - 5W vs 7w3
> Trollkin 3 - 5W vs 4w3
> Trollkin 4 - 5W vs 1W3
> Trollkin 5 - 5W vs 18W2
> Trollkin 6 - 17W vs 15W2 - about 21% chance of victory

Assuming the early trollkin only bid minimal 3AP amounts it would be possible for Balastor to pick up a few AP in early transfers as well as the amount he may get from his own round - which would be first as he has the most AP...

> Of course the Narrator has a number of options how to divide the
> Trollkin up - rather than 10 individuals they could be a leader and
> 9 followers - 6 augment the leader and 3 give AP's giving him 3w2
> and 118 AP's.

But I was looking for a way to avoid that as it there is then no limit on the AP the trollkin can bid and a lesser restriction on the amount of AP that Balastor can pick up in transfers...

...all the time I'm learning about narrating this game and the Uroxi seems to finish more combats with more AP than he started with than the other way round! :-) He's learning though that his name is getting known and there are fewer people stupid enough to face up to him in straight combats.

Stephen