Re: Balastor & the Trollkin

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:45:01 -0800

> Let's see if I've got this straight...
>
> Balastor has a CC of 10w3
> 10 Trollkin Warriors with CC of 5W

The 10 trollkin are toast, period, barring a complete run totally scrwed up dice rolling (yeah, *I* could roll a string of fumbles/failures like that, but how many people have *my* lousy dice luck?). There is no way that the contest is anywhere close to even. An Ambush, or creative magic use, might even out the odds, but as it stands 10 5w opponents can't take down a single 10w3 without a run of luck.

> Balastor strikes back. He can choose to concentrate on a single
> Trollkin (10W3 vs 5W) a 94% chance of Victory, and usually a transfer
> (2 Mastery advantage bumps failure to Critical) - but he can't
> transfer more than 25 AP - or he could attack more than one Trollkin -
> Let's say he takes on the 6 that struck at him this round. He rolls
> once, and each Trollkin rolls once Balastors roll is compared against
> a different TN for each Trollkin, and the Narrator takes the worst
> result for Balastor and takes this as the overall result

No, the best trollkin roll is compared to the *fully-penalized* Balastar roll. You don't worry about his individual success vrs each trollkin, but his overall success against the group (Since he chose to attack 6, it's his own damn fault if he blows it). Also, it's a pain in the ass trying to figure out those -3's sequentially. ("...suffers a cumulative penalty of -3 for each extra opponent.")

Balastar attacking six trollkin in one shot has a -15 mod, for 15w2, and the trollkin get six rolls at 5w to compare against it.

RR
- Richelieu