Re: Balastor & the Trollkin

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:07:31 -0000

I very quickly came to this conclusion! That's one reason why I let the Trollkin attack first in the example - I needed to guarantee they's all be there!

> (yeah, *I* could roll a string of fumbles/failures like that,
> but how many people have *my* lousy dice luck?).

Many moons ago, (now there's a phrase with Gloranthan resonance!) I knew a D&D player famed for his lousy dice rolls. We persuaded him to play "Bushido!" and he managed to roll 3 Natural 20's in a row! - Unfortunatley, like HQ, in Bushido you want to roll under your skill, so he actually managed to Fumble & break his katana... So you are not alone!

> No, the best trollkin roll is compared to the *fully-penalized* Balastar
> roll. You don't worry about his individual success vrs each
trollkin, but
> his overall success against the group

Ahah! That makes more sense. I suspect I might have come to that conclusion with the rulebook in front of me rather than working from memory - but then I don't want to have to keep refering to the rules in play, so this positivie reinforcemment is a good thing...