magical vs. mundane skills

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 23:45:01 EST

Hey !

I have a problem with magic and resistance. Lets say one of my players has a magic called: "Run like the wind 2W". If he uses his magic as an active skill to travel to a far away city he would face the magical resistance of 14 instead of the physical distance of lets say 15M2, right?!
In another episode he meets a messenger, who is very proud of his "Run fast 2W" skill. The messenger wants to know how good he really is and tries to capture our magic-user in a race. That means he pits his skill against the players skill, suddenly both of them have equal ratings...now what??? Does the messengers skill change to a 14? Who can help?
all the best
Christian