Re: magical vs.mundane resistance

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:43:51 EST

Another case:
My player has the magical "Boots of Hermes 5M". In a race with Sporty "Run fast 5M", from point X to point Y, distance 15M2, he beats his opponent easily, because he only needs to beat a resistance of 14, while Sporty has to beat the mundane resistance.

Sporty gets angry because he lost the race and wants to beat up my player. He is trying to catch me pitting his "Run fast" against my "Boots of Hermes", all of a sudden we are equal.

My point is as long as i use my magic to resist something abstract i can use the magical resistance of 14, but if i compare to a intelligent/magical creature all of a sudden my magic becomes mundane. How can that be ?

all the best
Christian