Re: Target numbers and targetting by <otherworldly> sight?

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:43:09 -0000

I wasn't clear there, I actually meant "could you target the person carrying the charm or affected by the spell" or "could you tell enough about the person carrying the charm or magic item or affected by the spell to effectively melee with them?"

To partly answer my own question, I guess "it depends" A charm or a magic shield will tell you something about where the person is. If they are affected by a spell, how do you sense it?

I guess what I was looking for was essentially are these abilities precise, like human vision or bat sonar, or more directional but imprecise, like human hearing, or very vague, like human smell?

It is possible that the answer depends on the way the hero experiences these abilities, but I'd certainly prefer a more consistent model.

--Bryan