Re: Continuity alert!

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:20:32 -0000

Hmmm, I had a longer response that Yahoo ate, but the gist of it lined up with this. There are lots of ways you can retcon or ignore some or all of the whole alynx <> spirits bit, but it seems to me most fun to make it an anomaly.

One specific idea I had was to say that this alynx was a throwback, with both soul and spirit in its nature. This may have been why it was ailing (and go read "Eagle Brown' in MoLaD for discussion of dual nature and evidence that not all alynx hate all spirits). So your LM contacted and bound its spirit self. What happened to its soul self? Maybe they'll never even know it existed, maybe they will know, but not what happened to it. Or maybe one day they'll find out exactly what happened to it.....

--Bryan