Re: mundane vs. magical resistance

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:54:17 EST

Jeff said:

>To reduce it to the absurd, imagine how un-fun a game would be if a
>character used a "Chop Off Your Head 8w" any time they got into a
>fight and then demanded that the resistance was only 14 no matter who
>they faced. Think about it...

First of all this would be a very powerful magic, maybe even a secret...but if you had it - why not?
This guy would make heads roll and only very few people with the right countermethod would be able to stop him! I call this a challenge, whats more fun than that ?!

Actually my problem was magic that sometimes is magical and sometimes mundane...it seems unconvincing and also unfair. The worst about it is, that it defines gloranthan reality from a game mechanistic point of view. I thought HQ was about storytelling first, not numbers and mechanics. What kind of magic is that that at one time lets you run faster than any being and when you use it against a creature is just a normal ability??? Magic with a loose connection it seems...:-) A new meaning to fuzzy logic ? :-))) I need a different solution to this problem!

all the best
Christian