Re: HP costs

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:28:12 -0800

> > From: "Roderick and Ellen Robertson"
> > Subject: Re: Raising feats and affinities
> > In Gerendetho's Fighting
> > affinity is the feat "Get
> > Me Out of Here". Rather than spend 3 points to raise
> > all five fighting
> > feats, those three points can get me GMOoH +3 -
> > turning it into a 20, while
> > all my other fighting feats are merely 17.
>
> Ok, I am an herowarsrules grognard, but since Im going
> to upgrade my campaign to hqrules on next saturday
> here comes _the_ question:
>
> does the above mean that if a player wants to increase
> any skill +3, all in one time, he just spends 3 HPs
> !?!

No. you still spend extra for fast advancement. (Page 59)

> Under herowars rules it was 6 HPs (provided the
> narrator says yes and the skill was actually related
> to the sessions/scenario/mood of player's wife/colour
> of dawn/taste of cookies) !?!

The example is a devotee (since he's worried about specific feats), which means that he has concentrated his magic (Affinities cost 3 to raise instead of 6).

Assume that in the example he spends the points over three sessions, rather than all at once (since that is a better use for the HP), and that it is related to the session just played (he's a *great* coward, and runs away a lot!).

I didn't mean to imply that he upgraded his feat +3 at one go.

RR
- Richelieu