Re: Re: auto-augment to cancel penalty

From: DaveCamo_at_...
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:29:12 +0000

>> ...For example, Harvar has "sword and shield combat." He
>> wants to be able to fight without his shield more effectively, but
>> buying up a whole separate ability would be prohibitive. Instead,
he
>> learns the "fight without shield" ability. Then when he wants to
use
>> his "sword and shield" without having a shield, he would suffer
the
>> usual no shield penalty,...
>
>I'd just give a -5 for this. I checked this with one the more
>experienced guys and he concurred. In fact, he said in the spirit
>of MGF he wouldn't get a penalty at all! Its not like its a spear
>is it.....

I think the original post was to use "fight without shield" to counter that -5.

I had a player during playtesting who took the ability "see well in dark" and basically used this method to apply the ability. The bonus only applied while there was a penalty due to a lack of light situation and the bonus could go no higher than the penalty.

Camo