RE: Re: Target numbers and targetting by <otherworldly> sight?

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:03:36 -0600

>From: bethexton_at_...

>I guess what I was looking for was essentially are these abilities
>precise, like human vision or bat sonar, or more directional but
>imprecise, like human hearing, or very vague, like human smell?

Ah, my mistake. Again to go with the Hero System analysis, you're asking if the abilities in question are "discriminatory" and/or "targeting". Again, I'm inclined to allow these. Basically I guess I'd allow it to be the most powerful that it might reasonably be baring something saying otherwise. It makes the characters in question more interesting, IMO. OTOH, again, it would be coolest to have many variations on these things, but I'm not sure how to do it except case by case.

I think the best option might be to ask the player to describe how it is for his religion, defaulting to most powerful, and letting the player's descriptiption limit it. You'd be surprised how in making it cool, the player will intentionally limit their own ablities. This can even be determined in play.

Mike

Stay informed on Election 2004 and the race to Super Tuesday. http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx