Re: magical vs.mundane resistance

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:07:20 -0000

> Note that this problem always persists, however, no matter what
solution you
> use because of the basic rules. That is, even if I make dude roll
at 14
> against my magic tree jumping, he might win. You always have to be
able to
> explain that somehow. Which probably requires the narrativist touch.

OK, you lost me here. If you are jumping a tree, you roll against the tree's resistance, right? How did some person's resistance get into it? (now for sure, yes, sometimes even with quite good skills you can fail at fairly simple tasks, that is part of why we roll dice instead of just saying "who is better?").