Re: Spirit Combat

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 09:43:28 -0700

> > > Am I right in thinking the spirit combat ability is one that
> > everybody can
> > > reasonably be expect to have and therefore default to 6?
> >
> > No, you can't attack, but defend at the standard resistance of 14, if
> > you haven't got a better ability (your Narrator may allow stuff like
> > 'Strong Willed 5W' at a decent Improv. Penalty). So on your actions,
> > you can't attack, and would do well to start looking for a way to
> > improve your defences; on it's attack, you can defend, and it can
> > lose, dropping AP. Anyone disagree?

Correct. If you win a combat *without* having the Spirit combat ability, you cannot force the spirit into a fetch, make it serve you, or integrate it. All you have done is prevented it from affecting you, *this time*. Strong Willed (and similar abilities) would work at full effect (Spirit combat is a contest of wills).

RR