Decapitate Foe

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:51:18 +0000 (GMT)

> The really amazing thing that most feats can do is
> kill at a
> distance. You can stand in the back, safely behind
> the shield wall, and decapitate someone.

Feats as ranged attacks. Yes, we do this a lot.

> I don't see why, because it's never done against the
> universe.

"Decapitate universe".... hmm, let me think about that!

> Arguably, killing at a distance can be a plot
> destroyer, but if it's
> normal magic, that problem pretty much goes away,
> since you need to defeat your opponent.

And there may be circumstances (we've just met them) where decapitating your foe is *not* going to kill them. A minor defeat is fine. You chop his head off, he picks it up and carries on chatting. In fact, if you find that scary enough, the decapitator could lose AP as a result: you could chop a head off even when you *lose*!

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html