Re: Questions

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:33:17 -0000

> Like weregild, these laws of hospitality are Orlanthi laws and an
> unsheathed Humakti is not obliged to follow them.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

I disagree here Peter. Sure some Humakti may be like this, but if truly a Humakti goes rogue - he will be treated like a pariah and maybe hunted by other humakti as he heaps shame upon them. No, I think (IMG anyway) they will generally respect the customs of their birth.

Developing the idea further, we could say that as a guest on the his old clans Tula, whoever he was the guest of would be responsible for his actions.

This is getting into digest territory isn't it.....

Rob