Re: magical vs.mundane resistance

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 14:14:28 -0000

> This is the same problem that we've been dealing with all along. It
is a
> useful abilitiy, precisely as useful as any other ability. There's
only a
> perceptual problem in that people looking at the rule seem to think
that it
> won't do what it "should". Well, in play it works just fine as do
all the
> other abilities that fall under the "pompous title" syndrome.

Yep. Another possible in-world interpretation is that the Decapitate Foe feat actualy aims your next blow exactly at your enemy's head. Of course your enemy might block the attack, or dodge away at the last second, or his armour might block it, etc.

Not _the_ way to interpret it, but one way that makes it no more or less useful than other abilities, yet gives it a bit of narative distinctiveness.

Simon Hibbs