Re: Decapitate Foe

From: Stephen Tempest <e-g_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 19:25:33 +0000

Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> writes:

>We have. Sadly, it's very hard to decapitate someone
>who's just turned into mist. So we got very confused:
>I forget the details and may be getting this wrong,
>but AFAIR the vampire automatically went misty when
>below 0 AP. And we needed a Complete Defeat to
>decapitate him. Getting him from positive to all that
>way negative in one roll wasn't actually possible even
>with a desparation bid, so he got away :(

Cheer up - not even Buffy was able to Completely Defeat a vampire who could turn to mist... She was waiting there to stake him every time he re-formed, so in the end he gave up and left town, but she never actually destroyed him...

(Season 5 episode 1)

Presumably the trick would be to find your vampire when he's dormant, or use some other magic to deal with the mist. I'm sure a simple Orlanth wind feat could tear a being of mist into all 49 pieces...

Stephen