RE: Re: magical vs.mundane resistance

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 06:05:46 -0000

On Thursday, March 04, 2004 12:40 AM, Alex Ferguson wrote:

> (Not to mention short trees being no easier to magically jump over
> than tall trees, and spirit trees being unaccountably touchy about
> being jumped over...)

I would assume that if the spirit in such a tree *wasn't* touchy about being jumped over, it wouldn't put up a fight, and the Resistance wouldn't be any higher than jumping over any random tree or shrub. Rather like how it's easier to, say, punch a martial arts expert on the nose if he decides not to put up a fight, but much harder if he starts dodging and weaving.

At least that's how I'd run it if it comes up in my game.

Regards,

Bruce