Re: lawspeaker; negativity

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 11:14:31 -0700

Frank asked

>Oops, a bad choice of words on my behalf. I wasn't referring to Lhankor
>Mhy Sages, just to 'men of learning'. Sage was the first word that popped
>into my head.
>
>So to restate my problem: Shouldn't the basic keyword be something like
>'Man of Learning', while lawspeaker, a specific political position
>in the clan, should be an advanced keyword?

No. There is a large call for lawspeakers. Every clan needs at least one. There can be a political component, but I don't think it has to be very large.

Men of learning are extremely rare in barbarian (Heortling) society.

Steve wonders

>So when someone attacks and I use "dodge" - what happens when we both fail?

You slip and fall. However, the attacker swung where you were supposed to be, and is now off balance.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein