RE: Re: Questions (re archery)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 20:48:13 +0000 (GMT)

lots of excellent stuff, including:

> I can stop you right here. The problem here is
> related to the difference in
> highest ability level. ... The
> players care about how powerful their characters
> are. That shouldn't happen
> in HQ. That is, in HQ it's entirely possible to play
> second fiddle to
> someone else's character and enjoy the game as much
> or more than if your
> character was equal in power. Because it's not about
> power at all, but why you use the power.

And I'd just add that this is not confined to HQ. There's a RQ game I've been in for some years now where my PC has just turned 14, with abilities to match. One of the other players is working towards rune level (ability scores roughly twice hers). It's a huge amount of fun: IF that's what you enjoy. And if you don't, if what you want is to have cooler numbers than everybody else: well, you can do that in HQ, too.

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html