RE: Animists and common magic

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 11:55:10 -0600

>From: "flynnkd2" <flynnkd_at_...>
>
>Can he improve his Spirit Ally... the rules say 10% of time to the
>relationship, not to the spirit... but he is a side-kick as well.

This is the part that I don't understand, either. On a related issue, I had a player who wanted to get an ally recently (last session, actually), and we were working out the details. We decided that the ally had been "away" for a while, and that the introduciton of the abilities represented the "return" of the spirit. I reasoned that if the player had "found" the spirit in play, that I would have had to create it's ability ratings. So I just made them up arbitrarily with ratings that seemed to fit. But if the character is a sidekick, then he should be made with the three abilities and 15 points, etc.

So, how do you rate a spirit that's a potential side-kick? Did I do that right? Now that she has the spirit, are the ratings fixed? Unlike a side-kick?

Mike

Create a Job Alert on MSN Careers and enter for a chance to win $1000! http://msn.careerbuilder.com/promo/kaday.htm?siteid=CBMSN_1K&sc_extcmp=JS_JASweep_MSNHotm2