Starting spirits for shamans

From: James Holden <jaholden_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 21:11:55 -0000

How many spirits does a shaman start with? The animist magic rules
(Player's Book, p. 213) state that animist tribesfolk start with five
spirits in fetishes (which can be traded for integrated spirits at a two-to-one ratio). The description for holy people/sacred chiefs/etc.
(p. 214) says the chief gets the benefits of the tribal tradition,
plus a spirit ally. But I couldn't find a specific statement in the shaman section of how many fetishes or integrated spirits a shaman should start with, other than a fetch. I also couldn't find anything in the keywords for Kolating spirit-talkers or Jakaleel or Grazer shamans.

James