Re: Re: When is a Hero ready (was: mechanics of myth)?

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:39:30 +0000

>You can't have a 'recording' of something as it 'was' if it occurs
>outside time. The denizens of the heroplane(s?) are active forces in,
>and of the world.

I think this is wrong, but I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about. If the myths aren't recordings of events from God-time, what are they? I wasn't using "recording" in any exact sense (hence the sort of). Indeed, how would a heroquest be possible if the events didn't in some way act as a record of mythic actions?

Are there actually denizens of the heroplanes? Or are all encounters with beings drawn from the middle world (or, indeed, outer) into the heroquest? I'm willing to believe either, but I can't think of a clear example of such a denizen.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson