RE: Re: When is a Hero ready (was: mechanics of myth)?

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:02:31 +0000

First off, I'm with Simon - time to move the detailed stuff to the digest. But a few short answers to specific questions shouldn't hurt...

>For instance, if I go do a hq, and meet you but you've not yet gone to
>do the hq in my timeline, and you defeat me, then can I go and find you, and
>kill you before you enter the hq, thus eradicating the results?

The major barrier to this scenario is that it is exceeedingly unlikely that you know who I am. Where an opponent comes from a different time period, to you he is just a random person in the correct role. Your chances of ever identifying him are almost non-existent. Heroquest enemies and similar situations where you are likely to be/become aware of the identity of the person you are facing will normally occur where either (a) you are doing compatible heroquests around the same time or (b) one of you is dragged onto the heroplane to provide a suitable opponent.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson