Re: Animists and common magic

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:08:55 +0000

>wrote:
>> A practitioner can improve his common magic charms with HPs, but
>he
>> cant improve Tradition or Practise Charms.
>>
>> Doesnt that sound rather strange? (please ignore the fact of
>whether
>> he should be using common charms, just assume he is).
>

>Any want to venture an opinion on this, why some spirits are locked
>and common ones aren't. Is it a game mechanic to limit Animists? or
>an oversight of some sort? or a reflection of the way spirits are
>seen to work?

I think it is just a matter of simplicity. Other types of Common Magic may be improved and the authors didn't want to treat charms differently.

>Spending HPs on a common spirit charm isnt a very productive
>exercise, and I dont see a great advantage out of it. I suppose it
>is simply an itch I need to scratch.

Practitioners can use Common Magic charms as active abilities. Some may be worth spending up at least until they can be trusted to work reliably against a 14 resistance (like the Darjiini Breathe Water charm ILH-1 p32).

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.