Re: only one instance of a heroquest per person

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 02:18:25 +0000

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 04:44:32PM -0800, David Weihe wrote:
> Isn't the rule that you can make a given HeroQuest only once, as a
> particular major participant, at any level of commitment beyond mundane
> practice? Thus, you can be one of the faceless hordes as many times as
> you want, but you can take a given featured role only once?

I think so, yes. (p200, last para.)

> Thus, I always assumed that Harmast was Orlanth once, and someone else
> (Flesh Man, or perhaps The Knowing God, since he was now THE expert)
> when they retrieved Talor The Laughing Warror.

If that's the case, then he has _great_ publicity. ;-) It's certainly not the implication I took from this: like I said, he appears twice on a list that starts off "Orlanth" and ends with "Argrath", no asterisks or nuthin'... It is a possible save if you want to have the rule be strictly applicable, I'll grant you.

This strikes me as pretty difficult to carry off, since it means you'd have to be able to 'prove' your mythic identity with two entirely and explicitly different entities. (Though this has been documentedly done, certainly.)