RE: only one instance of a heroquest per person

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:21:35 -0000

On Monday, March 15, 2004 2:18 AM, Alex Ferguson wrote:

> > Thus, I always assumed that Harmast was Orlanth once, and someone else
> > (Flesh Man, or perhaps The Knowing God, since he was now THE expert)
> > when they retrieved Talor The Laughing Warror.
>
> If that's the case, then he has _great_ publicity. ;-) It's certainly
> not the implication I took from this: like I said, he appears twice on
> a list that starts off "Orlanth" and ends with "Argrath", no asterisks
> or nuthin'... It is a possible save if you want to have the rule be
> strictly applicable, I'll grant you.

I thought he meant that Harmast played the role of Orlanth in the quest, rather than that he actually *was* Orlanth at some point.

So what he's saying is that, by playing two different mythic roles in the quest, he's not really doing the "same" quest more than once. The first time is "Orlanth Goes On the Lightbringer's Quest", the second is "Lhankor Knowing Goes West With Orlanth" or something. Lunar-level nitpicking, but it might just work.

Regards,

Bruce