Re: Week 3 rule questions...

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:40:58 +0000

>The Player pointed out that unless she was
>significantly better than she is, she was going to fail reasonably
>often even against a resistance of 14 (and fall and be broken) and was
>this what the rules intended as it made the feat much less useful.

The rules are, I believe, intentionally vague. In other words, roll as often as needed to make it an interesting part of your story.

One possibility I'd allow is for the player to decide to take a hit on the initial roll, but then have it work for a longer period. So the initial resistance would be 14+time modifier, but once that has worked, the character can run on the treetops for an hour or whatever.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson