Re: Week 3 rule questions...

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:46:34 -0800

Steve Rennell <steve_at_...> wrote:

> There's a vingan devotee trying to use her "run on treetops" feat to
> move quickly over the forest in such a way that she can get behind the
> broo that are chasing the parties hunter. ...
> The Player pointed out that
> unless she was significantly better than she is, she was going to
> fail reasonably often even against a resistance of 14 (and fall and
> be broken) ...

All the suggestions made so far seem reasonable. Another possibility, which is compatible with them: You could rule that an ordinary defeat in the "run on treetops" does *not* mean that the player necessarily falls. Rather, it might mean:

This could apply however many (or few) times you make her make a skill roll.

Of course, a complete defeat can still mean "fall down go boom". But I think you've got some leeway on other defeats.