How Many Rolls?

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:17:35 +0000

Steve Rennell wrote:
> There's a vingan devotee trying to use her "run on treetops" feat to
> move quickly over the forest in such a way that she can get behind the
> broo that are chasing the parties hunter. I was making her roll for the
> feat every time she wanted to start again (i.e. she ran to one spot (1
> roll) threw a javelin at a broo, and ran to another spot (1 more roll)
> and threw another javelin.

Consider not breaking up the actions in that way. Although the character throws a javelin, that does not mean there has to be a Rangled Combat (Javelin) roll. Similarly, just because a character throws two javelins does not mean there should be two Ranged Combat (Javelin) rolls.

If the important thing about those tactics is that the Run on Treetops is moving her to an advantageous position, it is an attack using Run on Treetops, not an attack using Ranged Combat (Javelin).