Re: Re: Skill Levels at Character Generation

From: DaveCamo_at_...
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:45:06 +0000

Hi!

>Other Mark is quite right about what the rules say; that said, my
>own personal feeling would be to give a bonus of some kind for
>doubling.

I have to disagree here. The reason abilities appear multiple times is to make sure that someone who should have the ability has it. I don't remember the original example that started the thread but to use keywords from TR, 'Warriors' have 'Spear & Shield' and 'Male Heortlings' have 'Spear & Shield'. A male Heortling becoming a warrior already has the ability so doesn't need it in the 'Warrior' keyword but it's there for when a female Heortling becomes a warrior.

Camo