Re: Exploiting sidekicks

From: Dave Camoirano <DaveCamo_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 07:11:45 -0500

Howdy!

Sidekicks get a keyword which cannot be increased and three abilities which can. The three abilities may come from the keyword and start at the keyword's base if they do or 13 if they don't (the narrator may allow a higher starting value, if appropriate.)

The followers listed with the heroes in OiD and other books aren't sidekicks, strictly speaking, since they're used as characters in their own right. However, there's nothing in the rules that say a character cannot gain through play a follower that has a keyword higher than 17. As Paul said (at least, I think it was Paul...), advanced experience can be used.

Back to the original question, the sidekick as listed has multiple keywords which makes him not a sidekick. If, however, he was listed with Irippi Ontor Devotee 17, I'd say he could use all of IO's feats at 17.

Camo