Re: Buying & increasing keywords

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 00:28:20 +0100

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 08:17:45AM +0100, Jane Williams wrote:
> I was looking at those NPCs in OiD and so on, and
> thinking of a player who says "cool, that's what I
> want to be like". The answer is probably "not yet",
> but we still need a method, in the rules, of advancing
> from a base PC to that, including the sidekicks. And
> that means allowing multiple keywords for a sidekick,
> some at very high levels.

But as has been noted, these are _not_ described as sidekicks -- nor good they have been, really, since those rules didn't exist at the time. (At least in print, and we've just had the testimony of the author on the matter...) So what those NPCs have is relationships, with other NPCs. And that clearly _is_ possible under the rules. I don't think it necessarily follows, nor is it necessarily a good idea, that we must faciliate a mechanism for a single PC to be able to unilaterally 'author' such powerful NPCs without a decent amount of direct GM input, which is what the 'sidekick' rule is doing for us here.

Cheers,
Alex.