Re: Buying & increasing (follower abilities and) keywords

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 06:59:44 -0800 (PST)

I'm not entirely sure I see the problem, perhaps because I made some bad assumptions. I had assumed that, when you get a sidekick, they get the standard one keyword and two or three abilities, but that they can gain new abilities just like player characters. Looking at the description of how a sidekick works on pp 84-85, it says that narrators can add abilities to sidekicks and provides a special rule for adding abilities to nonhuman sidekicks. I don't take that to mean that players are prohibited from adding abilities to their sidekicks. In the HP cost chart on p 96, it says that you pay the normal cost to improve a sidekick's ability by 1. What is wrong with simply adding abilities using the same rules as for player characters?

Chris Lemens

Yahoo! Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway http://promotions.yahoo.com/design_giveaway/