RE: Re: Buying & increasing (follower abilities and) keywords

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 11:50:26 -0600

>From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>

>What is wrong with simply
>adding abilities using the same rules as for player
>characters?

Nothing, and I think most of us agree in general that this can be done. But what can't normally be done is adding points to keywords. You can't do that with your normal character, so you can't do that with a sidekick either, goes the logic.

Hence why all the discussion of advancing them with Advanced Experience rules. If they keyword belongs to he PC, or even if it doesn't, it still makes sense that it would go up at the same sort of reasonable rates as they would for PCs. The question is whether or not the PC "owns" the ability. If so, then they would logically only be able to raise one keyword of theirs or their follower. If the follower is independent, then one would think that they'd advance as per any other character.

Does that address your concern, or is the problem that you're not getting something else?

Mike

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee� Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963