rune metal enchantment question

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 22:12:18 -0000

A number of the rune metals gain a bonus of 1/10 of the level of their enchantment when refined and enchanted. So, for example, copper armor gets a bonus to the armor of 1/10 of the enchantment on the armor.

Does that have to be a relevant enchantment, or just any enchantment?

Example, you have a shield (+1 equipment bonus), that is made of refined copper, and is enchanted with "stay awake" which you can use at 4W. Does that mean that the equipment bonus of the shield goes up to +3? (+1 for a shield, plus 24/10=2 for the enchantment?).

Also, if you then spend an HP to improve the magic item abilty by a point to 5W, does that mean that the bonus from the shield now goes up to +4?

This is how I'm reading the rules, and I don't have a problem with that, but I'm just trying to make sure I have it right....

--Bryan