Re: Beyond the Building Wall

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 09:07:51 -0000

David:

> >Though no "run out of bullet (magic points or non-reusable Divine
Magic)"
> >status in Hero Wars / Quest (Though penalty might be applied to
sequential
> >usage.)
>
> ...but they aren't used the same way as RQ. Common magic is
typically
> used only to augment other abilities. You can't use common magic
> heal a wound (unless you have concentrated in common magic, which
> seems uncommon) -- see p.104.

Apparently I am wrong for Minaryth is concentrated to Theism, but not devoted to Lhankor Mhy. Thanks.

Father Teoberdt had converted from Aeolism to Rokarism, and called down Sylph [Worli or Umbroli?] in the text by using Aeolian Magic, but maybe this is not the case to afford him initiating on Aeol, later joined Rokarism and abandoned former faith.

http://www.glorantha.com/hw/cultlong_aeolus.html

Of course it is misapplied worship, so I am not sure whether he suffered some kind of punishment by this apostasy, or did so in Fimbulwinter in 1621, (The scenario is on 1625.)

> Yes, but remember that you can have any common magic you like --
you
> are not restricted to any list. If you want your sorcerer to have
> Damage Boosting, Damage Resistance, Spell Resistance,etc. just
list
> them as your common magic.
> --

If they are spells, these can be used even when he has concentrated on Wizardry. Thanks again.

TI