Re: Re: Healing with common magic

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 20:07:31 +0100

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 07:00:55PM -0700, David Dunham wrote:
> True, there are other ways around it (which always make me wonder why
> anyone bothered to categorize common magic into feats and charms --
> wouldn't any player decide that their common magic is all feats if
> they intend to become a devotee some day, and all charms if they're
> an animist?)

But it's not necessarily a free-for-all magical buffet: say you're a Heortling devotee-wannabe, your most ready source of common magic is all (or is that "all"?) talents. (Whatever the heck 'talents' are supposed to be these days.) There's a perverse incentive to come up with "unusual" background rationales for feats from some common religion or other, certainly.

And presumably the root reason they're so categorised is because in SimGlorantha terms, they're allegedly "clean different things", even if they happen to be meexed up in a beeg common magic bucket with a double 'elping of pate'.

Actually, if you become a _devotee_ you'll have to give up your CM feats anyway, so strike through throughout and read as "concentrated theist".