Re: Concentration and Misapplied Worship

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 05:53:03 +0100

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 11:21:30AM -0700, Andrew Solovay wrote:
> So in answer to your original question--it looks like since all the Aeolian
> cults are misapplied worship, the cultists would get no benefit from
> concentrating in Sorcery (and in fact, the rulebook says just that, though
> it says that many cultists concentrate anyway). Though presumably, they
> would pay the half-HP costs for raising common-magic spells, and they'd be
> able to use those common spells actively.

Which last seems a little counter-intuitive, doesn't it?

I suppose the moral is, if you're going to do the 'misapplication' thing, try to get your end-user entity to agree to doing so via some mundane world 'broker', so as to be able to avoid the punitive 'wrong otherworld' import/export tariffs. ;-)