Re: Mythic Russia: call for opinions

From: Henk Langeveld <hlangeveld_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:45:16 +0200

Mark Galeotti wrote:
> Anyway, here is a first batch of proposals:

> 4. Scaling up the envisaged ranges for personality traits and
> relationships, to give them a greater role (so it is not ridiculous
> to have Love Family 1W2), again at the same time providing more
> explicit guidance on when this should and should not be allowed for
> augments and the penalties/pitfalls, so it is not abused.

This would be useful in any context.

> 6. Remove the options and fix it that initiative in an extended goes
> to the highest bidder, to encourage high bids and outrageous
> manouvres.

Sounds great. Lights, Camera, Action!

> 7. Mooks are dead, KO or otherwise definitely out of action at 0 AP
Mook? Can someone enlighten me on the origin of the word? I suppose it refers to NPC's or sidekicks... No problem with the rule.

> 8. The theist rules will be used as standard [...].
 > There will be some rules differences to give the animists
> and wizards a slightly different feel, but I don't think that at
> present the different systems are worth the complexity. I would
> rather create different cultural constructs for different magics
> rather than rules.
>
> 9. Most gods, saints, etc offer a single affinity

Both look like a nice simplification, useful for those with little spare time on our hands...

> 11. No heroquesting; I don't think this really fits the Russian
> model. Instead, I'd propose that by 'crossing over' instead you come
> to the parallel otherworlds ('the thrice-ninth kingdom' et al) into
> which you can adventure, [...]

I think you're on to something there, don't just drop it.