RE: 17 vs 13 Starting Abilities

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:31:01 -0500

Bruce: it's better to start the ten character abilites at 17. Mike: doing it the original way works fine, too. Bruce: why are you saying that my way doesn't work? Mike: I'm not, I'm just trying to say that the original method does something specific that some people might like. I want them to know it's a viable option.
Bruce: So, you're saying that I'm trying to ram my method down people's throats?

(and there's this side dialog where I keep talking about what each emphasizes, and you keep trying to say that I'm telling people that your method elminates certain elements - when I've said nothing of the sort)

Bruce, if you're going to argue with me, please argue with something that I've said.

Just to be clear, what do you do with the keyword levels? I thought that the idea was to make keywords start at 13? That's lower than the standard 17. Meaning that either the scale is different, and 13 is in your game the same as what 17 was formerly, or people are generally more ignorant about things like their culture, and occupation using this method.

Is this not part of your method (I know that I've seen some people advocate 13 for keywords, even if you haven't)? Where am I confused? Again, I'm not knocking your method, just trying to discover how it works.

Mike

Check out MSN PC Safety & Security to help ensure your PC is protected and safe. http://specials.msn.com/msn/security.asp