RE: Mythic Russia: Otherworld

From: David Weihe <blerg2_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:40:32 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Mark Galeotti" <mark_at_...>
>11. No heroquesting; I don't think this really fits the Russian
>model. Instead, I'd propose that by 'crossing over' instead you come
>to the parallel otherworlds ('the thrice-ninth kingdom' et al) into
>which you can adventure, but not necessarily following
>the 'tramline' approach of a heroquest. This is the one I am still
>most unsure about.

This sounds exactly like Malkioni heroquesting, especially among the Castle Coasters. Perhaps you mean that heroquests aren't consciously initiated, but just happen when someone goes into an area where the barrier drops to something easily negotiated without Community Support, perhaps around 5-10W (like climbing a slick wall), rather than "adventuring in the Mythic Past" with W3 barriers.

Of course, this is also how most Theistic Experimental Heroquesting probably happens. We just hear more about the Community Heroquests because other people are involved, and the rewards are (usually) higher and more widely shared.

Yahoo! Tax Center - File online by April 15th http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html