Re: Two common magic religion questions

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:16:14 -0000

None of the religions mentioned seem to teach one--which is not to say a hero couldn't have one, or that certain common magic religions may not teach some such. "Rune sight" seems like one possibility, able to see the inner world manifestations of runes (so it would help see the daimone in the berry bush, but wouldn't tell you what magic that theist just called from his otherworld masters).

> 2. Would this hero suffer a -20 Alien World penalty on heroquests?
> can see either a yes or no answer to this. The hero has a soul,
spirit,
> and essence within him so he isn't exactly alien to any otherworld,
but
> he's not concentrated on one particular one so he could suffer a -
> all.

If I read HQ properly (no guarantee of this) he or she would suffer a -20 in any of the gods world, spirit world, or any of the essential planes. However, the action of every quest happens on the Hero Plane, where I think nobody generally takes a modifier (although certain regions of it may penalize anybody who is not X).

--Bryan