Re: Running a gang

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:53:50 -0000

Ummm, what were the heros trying to do? Take over the camp? Kill the people in teh camp? Capture them all? In other words, in what terms would their victory be defined?

Given some defined objective, what is the biggest obstacle to their accomplishing it? The skill of the people in teh camp? The organized effort of the those people to break out? The sheer numbers?

Way back in math class I was inclined to find the answer, then work backwards to prove it was right. It never gained the approval of my math teacher, but it is a useful technique. I think for something like this it makes sense to figure out what the appropriate victory levels would roughly be, then work backwards to determine what opposition makes sense for those sorts of victory levels, then to the exact details of the contest.

None of which makes the general question of "how to handle groups" easier, of course.

--Bryan