Augments

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 22:30:22 -0000

Hi tribe

I had a new player when people were figuring out their augments he said he wanted a skill "clutching at straws". I have to say that I thought he had a point. I intend to limit augments. Here is my plan;

You get you auto augments from your equipment like weapons and armour. Fine. We can sort that out pretty quick

If you want to augment with another ability fine. One. This is arbitrary but for speed. I may have up to 7!!! players and going around the table collecting and discussing 5+ augments and the reasons can get very boring. They can change the augment from round to round if they like, but just one please!!!

Also, magical augments must be rolled for. Ie a casting roll. A bit mechanistic, but it worked well in one game when only an enchanted strike would have an effect!

Well, what do you think out there in Glorantha gamers world?

Regards
Rob