Common magic question:

From: Stephen Rennell <steve_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:52:52 +1200

Hi all,

I'm confused about common magic, and I thought I'd ask... You might want to know that my campaign is set in Dragon Pass 1330, and they're all Storm Patheon theists, with only one devotee.

As far as I can tell, there are no significant differences between talents, charms, feats and spells, except that if your character is a theist concentrating their magic, they get to keep feats, but not talents, charms or spells.

But I can't find anything telling me what the significant difference is. On HQ p104 it seems to suggest that feats, charms and spells come from otherworld entities native to the Mortal world - for Orlanthi that's Flesh Man.

I _think_ that talents feats charms and spells are all available to my players, but I am wondering why they wouldn't just declare them all to be feats - That feels gamist to me, but I don't see why it isn't reasonable none-the-less.

Can someone please clear this up for me?

Thanks

Stephen

--
Stephen Rennell		steve_at_...