RE: Re: Equipment Mod Oddity

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 10:59:35 -0500

>From: "flynnkd2" <flynnkd_at_...>

>The other advantage of this idea is that magical weapons become more
>powerful. A Spear of Sharpness might have been +3 (spear) +1 (Fine)
>+2 (17 magic sharpness) = the magic component was 1/3rd of the power
>of the spear. By eliminating the base line the spear becomes a +2
>spear and much more valuable.

Yeah, you got it. That was definitely one of my concerns. You seem to see exactly where I was coming from.

Note that I'm not saying that people shouldn't have fine weapons, or cooking utensils, or forges, or whatever. Just that they should have to pay for these things like anything else. And that the "base" equipment just exists to create the baseline for use.

Mike

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar � get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/